- Before developing new content, designers should check the repository of existing resources: topics, illustrations, instructional sequences, activities, visual presentations, and pre- and post-assessments for e-learning.
- Request management approval for development of new resources. Managers should ask why existing resources are not being used.
- After creating a new resource, require that technical communicators and instructional designers add it to the repository, with the information below.
- After using an existing resource, require that technical communicators and instructional designers update the repository information.
- “Retire” a resource after a certain number of uses.
One of the following:
- Content Management Systems
- Learning Content Management System
- Learning Management System with capabilities for managing learning content
Information about Resources
|Developed by||Name the author of the resource|
|Type of material:||
|Developed in||Name the software used to develop this resource|
|Brief summary (100 words maximum)|
|Where used:||Name of document, help system, website, app, or CD||How used?|